Friday, January 26, 2007

Crunchy Comets

I am going to leave Blogger very soon. I've been working on a new blog and hope to have it up and running by February 1, 2007 - my blogging anniversary. Unfortunately, that means I haven't spent much time thinking about posts. This post is no different and will offer nothing to think about whatsoever.

A couple of weeks ago, Miguel got a book about the solar system (his current passion). There is a recipe in the book for Crunchy Comets and he begged us to make them. He has been waiting patiently and tonight, at long last, is Crunchy Comet night at our house. Try them out yourself!

  1. Crush sugar cookies (we'll be using graham crackers)
  2. Add one handful of multi-colored sprinkles
  3. Add two handfuls of chocolate sprinkles
  4. Using an ice scream scoop, make a round ball of chocolate ice cream
  5. Roll the ice cream ball in the "comet dust" you have made
  6. If the ice cream has softened significantly, put it in the freezer for awhile
  7. Place the ball on a sugar cone (or other pointed cone)
  8. Enjoy your Crunchy Comet!

5 comments:

Mom101 said...

Hey, we have the same blogging anniversary! Happy year to you.

Nina Hale said...

I started about that time too - all the cool kids were doing it. Those comet crunchies sound incredible! I'm so hungry. I'm on one of my crazy fasts again.

Nina Hale said...

I'm going to put this recipe in the newsletter for the MN Planetarium Society. I'll send you a copy when I finish it.

Vikki said...

The kids loved the Crunchy Comets. They really don't taste all that special but they seem so fun and exciting to the kids that it doesn't really matter.

Vikki said...

The Crunchy Comets don't taste all that special...not the children :)